Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Amazing Blog Post!

I recently found a blog by the ministry of Open Doors USA called, Spiritual Courage. I have really enjoyed reading it. The post have been challenging and stirring. Below I will quote from the most recent post:

"Our church kicked off a series called “40 Days of Love,” this weekend. During the entire service I couldn’t help but think of all the people that we should love….but do not want to love. Our founder, Brother Andrew, always asked the question, “Have you prayed for Osama Bin Laden today?” Most of the time I have to admit that I haven’t. Loving and praying for someone who has intentionally hurt thousands of people is not high on my prayer list. I know it sounds horrible…but I’m just being honest here…

These past couple weeks we’ve been seeing news reports of North Korea’s “Dear Leader” Kim Jong-Il being extremely sick, he had a stroke and hasn’t been seen in public for a couple months.

All during the service last night I kept thinking how hard it is to love someone like Kim Jong-Il. Someone who has been responsible for killing numerous innocent people, someone who has enforced unfair and unjust restrictions on the citizens of NK, and someone who has been responsible for putting terror inside each person living in this oppressed country. (North Korea remains #1 on the Open Doors World Watch list for the past 6 years!)"

To read the whole post, click here .

No comments: