Thursday, May 21, 2009

Materialism and Persecution

"Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it." -Matthew 10:37-39

Materialism is a very subtle way the enemy gets Christians side-tracked. Out of the many stories that I've read of the Persecuted, this is one of the causes why some turn back and deny their Lord. They believe they have so much to lose, but what they do not realize is that Satan has blinded them to what they will really lose if they go after the things of this world.

Our eyes need to be on Jesus and we need to take up our cross daily. This is a major step that will help conquer the strangle hold of materialism (Especially for those of us who live in a western nation). Pray for believers everywhere that they will be willing and able to give up all for Christ.

No comments: