Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Rachel Scott

" I have no more personal friends at school. But you know what... it's all worth it to me. I am no going to apologize for speaking the name of Jesus, I am not going to justify my faith to them, and I am not going to hide the light that God has put in me. If my friends have to become my enemies for me to be with my best friend Jesus, then that's fine with me. Ya know, I always knew that part of being a Christian is having enemies... but I never thought that my "friends" were going to be those enemies."

Those astounding words came from Rachel Scott right after having some good friends reject her when she took a stand for Christ.

Many of you will probably remember the Columbine High School shooting of April 20, 1999. Rachel was one of the students killed in that shooting. The two young men that perpetrated the crime had, before-hand, singled her out to die because they had a great disdain for her Christian faith.



On that fateful day, Rachel was outside eating her lunch with a friend when the gunmen came out and open fire on her. She was wounded in the legs and was trying to crawl to safety when they returned and asked her if she believed in God. She said she did and a bullet to the head ended her life here on earth. She was a believer in life, a martyr at death, and a child of God that is now in heaven with her Savior.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The story of Rachel dying for her faith and being martyred is an inspiring story but one that never happened.


She wasn't asked about her belief before being shot. She was shot from some distance away and may have not even had time to realize what was happening.

She was a very strong believer in God and Christ .That can't be doubted but she wasn't martyred.

Do some research on the net and you'll see this is true.
The real story of what happened to her that day emerged years ago now.

Most Welcome Cross said...

Dear Anonymous,

I have posted my view, so please feel free to back up your claims as well. This is not an issue for arguing over since it is a matter of personal opinion. However, everything I have read leads me to believe that Rachel was indeed a modern-day martyr.

So please feel free to back up your claims and I'll take a look at it (I did do your suggested web search and found nothing to convince me to your way of thinking). Thanks!